6.09.2008

"I love Ellen. She makes dreams come true."-Me, on my love for Ellen Degeneres.

So I'm finally out of my funk! It's about time, I know. Nothing new is really going on with me. I've got my first baby sitting job tomorrow with the Rogowski kids, whom I babysat last summer. They're great kids. They were in my group at Camp Invention last year. I seriously cannot wait for Camp Invention. It was actually a lot of fun last year getting to see all the kids take apart a bunch of old electronics and try and invent new things. Although I have to say, I think my favorite part was using recyclables to make alien costumes and then pretend I was an alien for the kids in my group.

El Paso is in 30 days [thank you Fabi for starting the count down]. I really can't wait. But at the same time I know that once EP comes, that means summer is more than half way over! And I'm SO not ready for that. But still, I have loads to look forward to before El Paso. I have open houses, baby sitting, the Jo Bro's concert and I'm MCing a dance recital next week. So, lots to get ready for!

This summer is actually full of things to do. On top of all that other stuff I just mentioned there's working at Dance Camp, filming Power Players, Open Houses and perhaps the Dolly Parton concert with my mom?! Yes, I'm finally coming out of the closet. Thanks to FF I actually know a lot of Dolly Parton songs, and even have a favorite! It's Jolene, in case you were wondering. And it just so happens my mom loves Dolly too and she's coming to DTE this summer! OH! And my mom and I are seeing Sheryl Crow which is a classic for us.

But let me back up a second, because you're probably wondering what the heck Power Players is. Well it's this movie that my friends Matt and Seano wrote 2 summers ago. We filmed almost the entire movie back then, but never finished the final scene. Well Seano decided he wanted to revisit the project this summer. We mostly have a new cast due to scheduling problems but I"m back and still involved. My role has kind of jumped around. I was supposed to be assistant director and then I was supposed to take over as one of the roles but due to scheduling conflicts of my own, I am back to my original position as camera woman! I know I know, I'm not the type you would think would love to be BEHIND the camera, but I do love it! And I get to work with this crazy camera thingy that's shaped like a circle sort of, and the camera sits in it. When I'm using it, I call myself Weebo [like from Flubber] because for some reason, that's what it reminds me off. The basic synopsis of the movie is that there are these 5 friends and they get sucked into a video gaming system and become the characters and have to get through the game in order to get back to reality. It's actually REALLY funny, and I never even played video games as a kid.

[The Old Cast]
Last Friday I worked on Power Players most of the day and then I went to a concert with Kaity, Nick and Britt and Stephen. The weather was insane! It's been so stormy here in Michigan lately! I thought we were going to die, but almost dying with your friends in insane weather is half the fun of summer. Luckily, we made it to the show alive and it was actually really good. We saw tons of people from school and a couple of other people from outside of school and just had a really good time listening to some really good music. The band we saw is some kids from my old high school and they're called Back To The River, Back To the Forest [please note the ET quote!] and I highly recommend you check them out on myspace!

Saturday morning I had yoga with Nick and then we had breakfast at LA Cafe. OMG I missed that place! I had toast and coffee, my usual and I just got to catch up with Nick and talk. He's such a funny kid. I love hanging out with him. When I got home from breakfast I got ready for open houses! It's that time of year again! I picked up Kyle and we went to Sean's open house where I discovered this game that apparently is pretty popular at Open Houses since it was at 3 of the 4 we went to that day. It's called Ladder Ball. It's really weird. And I suck at it. Hard core style. Then we went to Curt's open house. I love Curt! And duh. Curt is Kyle's best friend. Then we went to David's and saw most of the gang there. Anne Marie took these super cute pics!


And then we went to Mal's. Mal had the most delicious cake I've ever tasted and we played Guitar Hero. I love Open Houses. You get to see like a bunch of people you love, sit around and talk and eat amazing food. Plus, baby pictures! On Sunday I went to two more open houses. Darcie, whom I haven't seen in FOREVER and Rachey who is going to NYU next year! Rachey's open house was insane because we were outside in a tent and all of a sudden this CRAZY storm hit and the wind blew the tent stakes into the air and rain was everywhere and we were all huddled in the middle of this tent stuck! But as per usual, I made it out alive [so did everyone else]. But there was tons of damage. Trees were down, power lines were down, power was out, it was crazy! I guess tornado sirens were going off too but I never heard them.

But wow. I've written a ton. Again. And I'm not sure anyone is still reading the blog now that I'm not at NYU. Oh wellll. Enjoy your week lovelies!

Much Love.
Jewlie.

1 comment:

Bee said...

Wow, it sounds like you're having a fun and busy summer! Yer blog is my new favourite thing. And even though the post is long, it's not boring, as my tend to get when they are over a certain word count!

Love ya Jewlie
Bee