9.03.2007

"OMG you guys are AWESOME! I've seen you on YouTube!"-Me, on Mass Transit

So I got up this morning and everyone was still asleep. I did my usual routine: got my coffee, checked my email/myspace/facebook/blog, put some music on and just relaxed. Then I got in the shower, hoping that by the time I got out someone would be awake. Nope. Everyone was still asleep. So I just talked to Elle and Haylzz about college and such. Mom called and we chatted briefly about the "weird kids in our penthouse" fiasco. I made a grocery shopping list which consists of basically Diet Coke and various produce. Even though produce is hella expensive. I just sort of chilled out until 10:30 and then I got dressed and me, Kayla and Lindsay went grocery shopping. Susan's home from her little trip home yesterday. Her friends never came back with her so we didn't get to meet them but she said she had a good time and went to the beach which is really cool. I checked the weather for the week and it's supposed to be 88 this weekend. I'm not okay with that. Perhaps we'll all go to Susan's house and go swimming and such. That would be fun. Anyway. I checked my mail box [where is all the love people!?] and then I made a super cool video message for Kaity on facebook and talked to her for a long time. We came to the conclusion that we don't want to go to school tomorrow. But we're going to call eachother in the morning and have a before school chat. And Nata-Lee-Ah is sending me a letter tomorrow. Yay letters!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Me and Kayla were supposed to go grocery shopping at 11:00 but when I went to see if she was ready she was still sleeping LAME. So I sat around for an hour waiting for her to get up so we could go. And I listened to Hannah and just was entertaining myself and such. Then I told Fab I was just going to leave without Kayla and then I ran into her on my way out. Apparently she thought me and Lindsay had already gone so she was just lazing around. But in reality, I was lazing around waiting for HER! Haha. So then we left and went to Food Emporium first and then Whole Foods. I got some more pretzels, cottage cheese, diet coke and a box of cereal. I don't know why I told you guys that but I thought you might be curious...?

Then we carried our groceries back [really difficult task] and me Lindsay, Kayla and Susan hung out in the kitchen eating lunch for a while. After that me and Kayla stuck around and chatted about musicals for a while. It was cool because she doesn't sing or dance so she's not into musical theater and therefore we have different opinions on musicals. I like certain musicals because I would want to be in them, but Kayla likes certain ones for their content. So it was cool to see another perspective. So we did that and snacked around for a while and then...KELLY CAME HOME FROM GERMANY! I was really excited to see her! She brought me back a really cool 2008 calendar from Germany with pictures of all the castles and stuff. I love it! And she brought us back some German chocolate. So good! She had trouble with her internet and such so me and Fab tried to help her and then we had the floor meeting.

So the floor meeting. WE'RE GOING TO 3 FASHION SHOWS THIS WEEK [NYC Fashion Week]!!! SLDFJLSDKJFLKJ! HOLY MOTHER OF GOD! I'm SO flipping excited! We're going to Gottex this Thursday at 7:00 [it's all swimwear]
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
And then we're going to Reem Acra [formal wear and wedding dresses] on Sunday at 3:00 and the third one is a surpise!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This is all thanks to Downstairs Lindsey who has interned at fashion week since she was 16. I'm so excited! Seriously. Going to a fashion show is on my list of 20 things to do before I die! Ugh! I'm just so excited. It's going to be fabulous! Then October 9th we're having a costume sewing class because we're getting a couple sewing machines for the 13th floor and in November we're going to see Legally Blonde and we get to learn the history of the color pink and what it means globally and culturally. And we have other exploration stuff too it's just all too overwhelming to type about!

Tomorrow is my first day of classes. I'm nervous/excited. BUT. SCANDAL! I have no idea what I'm going to wear! This is NOT good. I'm clueless as to what you wear on your first day of class as a college student at NYU. I'm freaking out! Anyway. So tomorrow is my first day, along with everyone else back home! And then Wednesday I'm going shopping at this really cool vintage store with Kayla after her classes are over and then Thursday is the fashion show, Friday is Fashion Rocks at 7PM and then Saturday is our super cool makeovers at Sephora and later that night we're meeting Kayne West! So yeah. Like I said to Elle earlier today, "Cool stuff happens to me every day here." Oh and I've been listening to my "Best Betches" Mix all day. So you guys should send me mixes too. And letters. And love!

Anyway. After the floor meeting I hung out with Kayla and Kelly in our room and we talked about all the stuff we want to do in New York this year and we got ready for the picnic [where we met the cast of Spring Awakening after they performed!] The picnic was really fun! It was me, Downstairs Lindsey, Kayla, Sophie and Jia. We stopped by the giant cube on Astor Place because we heard you can spin it around. So we did that. Because it looked super fun.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

First we saw two of NYU's a cappella groups [Mass Transit and N'Harmonics] perform. I'm auditioning for the N'Harmonics on Friday I think. But I'm really nervous. But whatev. It's good experience. I'm singing the MariƩ Digby version of Umbrella and Chicago by Sufjan Stevens. I think. But I'm nervous! Anyway then they played a lot of music and we just sang along and danced and then Spring Awakening performed! They were fabulous and I took Kayla's picture with two of the cast members.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We all walked back home and Kayla continued to flip out because she met the cast of Spring Awakening and we checked our mailboxes [STILL no letter from Anne Marie! I don't know where it is!] and then I headed uptairs to look at songs to sing for my audition, but my pjs on and watch The Hills with Susan and Upstairs Lindsay. And now I'm off to bed because I have to get up early tomorrow, FOR MY FIRST EVER DAY OF COLLEGE [No worries Mom, I'll have someone take my picture]. Love love love!

Much Love.
Jewlie.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

i'm so excited for you to audition!
alex auditioned for a show at C of C.

I'm... not auditioning for anything yet haha I decided not to audition for a few things.

I wrote you a letter Saturday but I am still looking at it next to my computer hah