5.23.2008

"Can I have a chocolate baby in a cup?"-Sam, ordering her ice cream at Cooks Dairy Farm.

Hey everyone! Just checking in to let you know I'm still alive. Summer has been pretty great so far, even though it's only been about a week and a half. I haven't seen as much of Kaity and Kyle as I would like to, but they're still in school and have finals and prom and all that jazz coming up. I've been spending a lot of time with Sam though. Love that girl! Last week me, her and Lauren Williams had a lovely sleepover. I missed having sleepovers. Even though at school every night is like a giant sleepover. I just said sleepover like a thousand times. Haha.

It's been great to catch up with everyone. Tonite I'll be doing a lot more catching up. It's Pops Concert so I'll be seeing Nick and David and all those guys. Tonite after Pops Brittany and Kaity are sleeping over! I'm so excited! I've felt kind of distanced from the both of them for a while, so it should be an epic reunion. I started a yoga class taught by my friend Courtney. Last week was the first week and it was amazing. Nick and Amanda are coming tomorrow, so it should be even more fun!

As to what I've been up to, mostly just reading, sleeping and burning cds. Yeah, I've had a sudden influx of mix requests! But I'm loving it! I wish making mix cds was like a living, it's amazing and totally chill. It's like the best way I know to just relax and reconnect with myself. Speaking of all that, I went to a seminar on Buddhism with my parents on Wednesday. It was so interesting. I wish it'd gone more in depth, but the ideas and concepts were so intriguing. I think I'm going to look into it some more when I return my first batch of summer reading books to the library.

Yesterday I got my first ever package from Fred Flare. Yeah, I know! I've never gotten an actual order delivered to my house before. I've always done warehouse pick up! It was so weird to be on the other side of the box, opening it instead of packing it up. Amanda drew me a cute little kitty and left me a note. It was so fun to the get package though! I immediately emailed Jen. I miss her and Amanda so much. Anyway, I got my Team Blair shirt and a new pair of sunglasses [ I know, I SO needed those, didn't I?].
The UPS guy came really early. Thus me not wearing any makeup. And looking tired. HAHA.
Awww I miss them too!
Yellow sunglasses. Yes, I know the sticker is still on!
TEAM BLAIR!

Yesterday I went to see Prince Caspian with Seano, Matt Bleau and Sam. Matt came to pick me up but got lost for an hour...? HAHA. Me and Sam were like "How does that even happen?!" But eventually we got to the theater and it was really good! The previews were good too. I can't wait to see Wall E! But yeah, the movie was so good. It didn't follow the book very well [which figures] but I really enjoyed it. Then we all went back to Sam's and decided to get ice cream at Cook's Dairy Farm. Me and Sam got baby cones. Baby cones are the best because they're cheaper than regular size and if the guy working thinks your cute then you get a lot of ice cream. Haha. It's a good money saving tip. When we got back to Sam's house we sat around for a while and then decided to play Rock Band. It was so funny because Sam goes "Well I can sing" and I go "I can play guitar" which left Matt and Seano to fight over Drums and Bass and at the same time, Seano says "I can play Bass" and Matt said "I can play drums" and voila, Freak Out, was formed! Yes, we named our band Freak Out. It was so fun, we were pretty good too! We had a lot of laughs and the time flew by because all of a sudden it was 3AM and we'd been playing for 6 HOURS STRAIGHT! I thought my fingers were going to fall off. And Matt was about to kill himself if we had to play Say It Ain't So one more time. For some reason we kept getting that song and some song by Nirvana. We must have played them like 80 million times. And it just kept popping up whenever we had a predetermined set list or did mystery set.

So yeah. As you can tell, I've been having a great summer and it's clearly only going to get better. I mean, El Paso here I come! Haha! I miss blogging lots and will probably do a vlog or another blog pretty soon. A lot will be going on in the next week. I'll definitely have one after prom so I can show you everyone's lovely dresses. But now I have to go shower and get pretty! Miss you all!

Much Love.
Jewlie.

No comments: