8.23.2008

"The last job is what I like to call "Cart Peeps"-Stacey, on my job tomorrow helping the Freshmen move in. [Why did I capitalize Freshmen...?]

So...here I am! I'm here! In Manhattan. It's been a SUPER long day. Our flight got in at like 10:00 and we took a cab straight to the dorm to drop all my bags off. Let me say, the new place is FABULOUS. I love it! Sue and I's room is like...epic. The whole place is hard wood floors, 2 full bathrooms, full kitchen, spacious common room and the views are PHENOMENAL. Hopefully I'll have pictures of it soon. I don't have internet at the dorm right now [stupid me, packed my ethernet cord in a box in storage...boo] but I swear, I'll post the pics STAT.

Me looking super tired and stressed after a LONG day!

But really. I love it. Out my bedroom window you can see all 3 bridges of the East River and the uptown skyline including an oldie but goodie...the Empire State Building! How exciting! So me and Kyle's tradition of me telling him what color it is will live on! Right now the place is sort of a disaster zone, but we'll get it right soon enough.

After we dropped the stuff off I headed up to Washington Square for my Freshie Move In day extravaganza tomorrow! Our shirts are actually pretty cute [pics to come...?] and I saw a few familiar faces that will be working the same shift as me. I can't believe I'll be moving in Freshmen into MY old dorm. Yay for revisiting Third North! It was a hoot.

When the meeting was over, I bought the rest of my text books and then headed downtown to take a short break with my parents in the hotel room. We met the Sussemen's for dinner at this Italian place that was WAY overpriced and the waiter was SO annoying but the adults seemed to be happy so me and Rachey [a bestie from Michigan who'll be a freshmen this year] were content just tagging along and not really saying much.

Next it was off to see Title of Show! OMG! What a HYSTERICAL show! It's a show about 2 guys writing a show about 2 guys writing a show! GENIUS! But seriously, if you're a fan of the musical theater you MUST check out this show! I loved it. I was a bit stressy about getting a cab back but it all worked out okay in the end. And now I'm here. In the hotel. Typing this. And missing Kyle. And wanting to call him. So yes...it's been a TRES stressful day [as it usually is when my parents are here] but it's over now and tomorrow is a new day. You know you missed me. XOXO.

Much Love.
Jewlie.

No comments: