1.23.2008

"I mean Nixon was evil but he was smart. W. Well W isn't evil but he's dumb as rocks."-Professor Glassman on George Bush.

Today was my first day of Monday/Wednesday classes and let me tell you. THEY WERE FABULOUS. Seriously. Even though my 8AM is at the stupid Mercer Street building, I FLIPPING LOVE PROFESSOR GLASSMAN. He's hilarious. He's very much like Professor Diyanni. He's old, hilarious and obscenely politically incorrect. I love the man. He spent the first 20 minutes of class telling us about his trip to Arizona and the Grand Canyon and how beautiful it is out there and how we should all go. Then he proceeded to tell us how we're not going to write any papers in his class- only have a midterm and a final and that they'll both be take home exams. So basically after he said that I was like "Okay. I love you." THIS CLASS WILL BE CAKE. And he's like hilarious so it'll be enjoyable too. And he was all "Bring donuts, bring coffee. It's 8AM you're not awake and I know I'm not awake either so we might as well make this interesting." And then we went on this like 20 minute rant about how much he hates George Bush [he calls him W. Which I find very amusing] and then gave us like the life story of Barack Obama. And THEN he straight up goes "Yeah. It's probably really obvious I hate W. I'll probably talk about that a lot. But don't worry! If you love him I will more than willingly give you the stage to represent him." So I don't know. He seems really cool and he's SO funny.

After Social Foundations I had my Life Science class. Okay so I was like really worried about this because duh. I suck at science. So I get there early and sit in the back because let's face it-I don't want to be called on or looked at or even noticed for that matter. But then Professor Nicholas starts talking and she's all like joking around and stuff about how she loves the Patriots and if you love them you should sit in the front and she'll give you an A. And she's like "Yeah. I like to move the desks close to me so I can stare at students and make them feel awkward. It's really amusing." So basically I don't know what I was expecting but it was nothing like what she is. And that's a good thing. Plus all our labs are done on computers and they're just group projects on stuff like DNA and such AND we're taking field trips. Like old school, everyone get in a bus and go to the museum FIELD TRIPS! And to see Bodies, no less! I'm super pumped! Plus I have Lindsay in that class and this guy who sat next to me was really funny too.

And then after Life Science I had Writing. I was kind of nervous about this too just because I hated that BOBOBEBE that I had last semester. So I get to Silver and the line for the elevator is HUGEEEEEE. So I took the stairs. It was only 5 flights but I mean...it kind of sucked. Haha. So I go off looking for the room and I finally find it and it's the size of my dorm room. No joke. It probably used to be a broom closet and they needed another classroom so they put some desks in there. It's ridiculous! Needless to say there's only like 15 kids in the class and 2 of them are from my old Writing class so that was nice. Plus this girl Rachel whom I met earlier this year that lives at Third North was there. So Professor Langer comes in and I guess some other Professor left his stuff in our classroom so she was like "Ummm....okay...maybe he'll come back for it?" So she didn't touch it or anything and this scragly guy who looks like he should be in Into The Wild walks in and looks around and then awkwardly leaves. And we're all like "...Okayyyy" And then he comes back in and is all "I thought I had this room this period again....oh I read it wrong. My stuff...." And Professor Langer is all "I didn't touch it. It's all there still." And he picks it up and leaves. And she's like "Awkward." And yeah. It WAS really awkward. But anyway. The course seems really interesting. All our reading is about Cultural Myths and it's all like the American Dream and the idea of the Perfect Family and stuff. It seems REALLY cool and we're going to watch movies and look at art and stuff and Professor Langer seems really nice. She even referenced Cribs, which I thought was hilarious. AND! We had to like interview someone and then present them to this class and there was a girl who said an interesting fact about her was that she like odd numbers because she hates even numbers. And I wanted to just stand up and be like "Girrrrrl me too!" But I refrained. And I met this cool girl who grew up in LA and she told me about California and stuff.

After class I had to go to the book store to get a book for Writing and this iClicker thing which is sort of like the remotes on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire when they ask the audience. My total was $96.25. I was pissed. But I'll be able to resell the book at the end of the year. So I got that stuff and headed back to the dorm and got all my stuff settled in and then went to get some lunch to eat while I worked on my homework. When Kelly got back from her class we chatted and such and then I worked on my Writing homework. When I finally finished my Writing stuff I watched an episode of Sailor Moon and then started reading The Prince by Machiavelli for Social Foundations.


I'm The Princess Machiavelli

I took a break from homework and started to watch Funny Face online. Oh my goodness it's been a while since I've seen it and it reminded me why it's my favorite Audrey Hepburn movie. It's simply marvelous. And if you're looking for a birthday gift for me I'd LOVE it on DVD. Ugh it's just fantastic and beautiful. Around 7:00 me, Susan, Kayla, Kelly and Lindsay all went to get dinner at the new cafe that opened in U-hall but it sucked hard core so we ended up going to Palladium instead. We were like the most obnoxious, loud, annoying people there. Kayla entertained us with her antics and decided to tell us all what Disney character we would be. She said I was Dory. Quel Surprise. But anyway. I'm off to watch the rest of Funny Face and read some more Machiavelli.

Much Love.
Jewlie.

No comments: