9.12.2008

"I can get you the hook up, recommendations...I didn't go to college so I don't really know what you need. I'll get it for you!"-Jen, on helping me.

Today has been yet another great Friday!!! I had my journalism recitation this morning and was brave enough to run to Dunkin Donuts before class because I was BEAT! Luckily I made it back to Water in time to catch the bus. Recitation was kind of boring...we got our reading assignments [we have to do presentations] and I was lucky enough to get paired with another girl from Water. However ours is next week. Boo. But after recitation this really nice girl started talking to me [I've been getting that A LOT lately] and asked me if I was "the fashion girl" and then told me she was nervous to get our papers back because she talked about Perez Hilton. And I said that I totally referenced Perez too and did she know that he graduated from NYU. She was really excited by that. Also, she interns for "What Not To Wear"!! So amazing! She asked me for my name and said she'd look me up on facebook.

Here's a few shots from last night's celeb scouting.
Leighton from the other day.
Serena Williams last night. 
Juliette Lewis. 
Leighton from last night. She signed that Daily for Lindsay! She was really nice!

When I got to work, Jen and Mo weren't there..? Haha. Since the orders weren't check yet I just helped Diane until Jen came in. She said Mo was at the hospital with his mom [she's okay just so you know!] and that since there were only 69 orders today AND Cory was coming in Jen decided that I could just help Diane all day and Cory could do the orders. This was MEGA exciting because I ADORE helping Diane. It's so fun and she absolutely loves it! So I got to make sure products worked and check orders and I loved every minute of it!

BUT BUT BUT! I haven't even gotten to the hightlight of my day yet! Around 10:30 Chelsea Evers [aka my twin/soul mate/other half] texted me to say she got into Teen Vogue Fashion U. So naturally I was flipping out, wondering if I got in and knowing I wouldn't known until like 3:00. So I snuck into the bathroom and called her and asked her to check my email...AND I GOT IN! Yay!! We're both going to be second years! But there was no time for excitement because I had to go back to work. When I finally got around to telling Jen she flipped out and told me I should register for my classes at the office because she wanted me to get the best ones. My Jen Jen was so proud of me! She also reminded me that next year she'll get me "the hook ups" since her sister in law works at Teen Vogue!!

So here's my classes for TVFU! I'm taking a seminar by Nanette Lepore, then one by Cynthia Rowley, then I'm taking a career advising seminar taught by someone who works for Condenast and then the fabulous Edit Floor Tour [yeah it's for the second time but it was so amazing I don't even care!]. I can't wait! I really really hope Chelsea gets to come. I miss that girl! I won't get to go to the Fashion Show/Concert on Friday night because it coincides with the Fred Flare Store Opening and I would NEVER want to miss that for my life. FF is my family and we're only going to have a store opening once! But Saturday I'll have all my seminars and then the first screening of The Clique movie with a seminar before hand by Lisi Harrison, the author! On Sunday Target is having some kind of graduation extravaganza but you can check all the details on everything at www.teenvoguefashionuregistration.com
I took this picture on 9/11 They put those lights up to represent the Towers. It was really eerie to get off the train and see that up in the sky. We all just sort of stopped and stared at it. It was a really uneasy feeling. But I had to snap a picture. 

Naturally the rest of my day has just been chill. I came home, told my mom the news, ate some dinner, worked on homework and watched "What Not To Wear". But I'm super tired because I didn't sleep well last night and I have to get up kind of early to meet Tia for breakfast at Third North tomorrow. I hope I see Connor [wish me luck]!!!

Much Love.
Jewlie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad you got that picture of the Twin Tower lights. Daddy and I were thinking of you all day on 9/11.
ps You have such GREAT luck!