9.06.2008

"This is a day we're going to remember in like 5 years."-Me, on our pretty sucky situation today.

Today was supposed to be this amazing, awesome, totally exciting day. So naturally, nothing went according to plan and everything got messed up. Now the options for today's excitement was either that we would all go to the Fred Flare sample sale or up to the Disney store to try and meet the cast of Wizards of Waverly Place. In accordance with those plans, I got up pretty early [for a Saturday at least] and ate some breakfast, got dressed and all that jazz. I figured that we had to leave by 10:00ish for either plan. Well 10:00 rolled around and everyone was still asleep. So I was like "Errrr" because I didn't know what to do! So I just turned the TV on and waited for everyone to wake up.

Well then I find out that no one really has any intention of getting ready to go out any time soon. Not gonna lie, I was kinda like "WTF" because we'd been semi-planning this day for a week or so. I thought about just going to the Fred Flare sample sale by myself, but I mean I get 60% discount anyway and I JUST bought some stuff, it was more about going to see everyone and so the girls could get some great deals. So instead, I went to Dunkin Donuts and got some breakfast [since I'm all out of milk and need to to to the grocery store so that I can have some cereal] and watched some That 70's Show.

After I was bored with watching TV around noon, I decided to do some of my journalism reading, since I have quite a bit of it. Finally, at like 1:30 I'm so bored and kind of pissed that I decide I'm just going to go to the Fred Flare sample sale by myself to hang out with everyone there. So I tell Susan this, and mention that if she wants to come, I'd be leaving in like an hour or so. So THEN she goes "Oh...we're not gonna go try to meet Selena...?" And in my head I'm going "WTFFFFFFF!!!!!". So I said "We can still go, but I think we need to leave NOW since it starts in an hour and a half and people have probably been lining up since like 10 AM." So Fabi comes in and decides her and Lindsay still want to go as well. So I'm like "Alright. Everyone hurry up so we can get the heck out of here."

By the time we get up to the Disney Store Hurricane Hanna has hit New York and it's 2:45. The line is all the way around the block, but me and Fabi ask the people inside the store and they say that the line should move really fast. We decide this means that we'll make it in, no problem. 2 hours later, we're all soaked to the bone because it's been pouring non-stop, freezing because winds are up to 17 mph and totally annoyed because these stupid girls behind us keep singing Jonas Brothers songs REALLY loudly and REALLY poorly.

Freezing and soaked!

When it was 4:30 and then meet and greet was over, we were practically at the door [go figure]. All the Disney people tell us there's no point in waiting and we should just leave. So naturally we stick around a little bit longer [and I'll be fineeeee] and fortunately for us, we get to see the cast get into these giant black vans and leave. So all of that, for nothing. Well not quite nothing. We still got autographed posters. But it's not the same because we didn't get to like see or talk to any of them.

Luckily, we caught a cab and the four of us, completely and utterly SOAKED go back to the dorm, defeated, and try to warm up and dry off. I put on leggings, leg warmers, a t-shirt and a hoodie. I was SO cold. I wouldn't be surprised if we all catch a cold. The weather has only gotten worse. It's been raining FOREVER! We were supposed to go to a party tonite, but the weather is so awful that we've all decided to just stay in and eat snacks, chat and watch some teevz. Which has been fun, but a damper has still been put on my day.

Tomorrow I'm hoping for some sun. But not too much. Because it's been too hot here lately. I'm running out of cute, hot weather clothes. Plans for tomorrow include; grocery shopping, finishing some homework and hopefully watching the VMA's at E's place [I need to confirm this again]. So yeah. This day has only further confirmed that every time we make plans to do something, it WILL rain.

Much Love.
Jewlie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How disappointing!!!!!!!!!!!!
Boo!

Mom