9.04.2008

"Oh I see. So we're all being sarcastic in unison now."-Professor Stephens, on our lecture answering "no" to whether we have war stuff in our news.

Nothing too epic happened today. I think it was a lot like what most of my days will be like once everything starts to settle down. My math recitation didn't meet today because we just had our first class yesterday, so I didn't have class until 9:30. I still wanted to take a semi-early bus just because I wanted to go to Starbucks, but that didn't work out because the bus filled up and people wouldn't move back! So then I had to wait 20 minutes for the next bus. Luckily my mom was free to talk for a bit so we chatted and got all caught up while I waited. Then I had to rush to my Dancers and Divas class which was really fun! We watched 3 different versions of the Nutcracker Ballet. We watched this one version choreographed by Mark Morris and it was all Pop Art and 1950's themed. It was like the coolest thing ever! I absolutely loved it! I wish we could've watched the whole thing! And then we had this great discussion about how ballet is such a great art form because there's no words, like in musicals or plays, so it can be interpreted in SO many different ways and no way is the right way. Basically I love that class.

My journalism class went a little bit better today than it did on Tuesday. Since then, I've been checking CNN.com, MSNBC.com and a couple other places online to try and learn about politics and what's going on in the world. This actually proved really successful since today I understood ALL the jokes about Sarah Palin and a couple other references as well. And I still love Professor Stephens. He really just has that sarcastic, dry sense of humor that I love so much. I wish I could have taped his lecture today, that's how funny it was! He made this powerpoint and at the beginning of it he was reading all this information about powerpoint word for word right off the powerpoint and then the next slide said something about how it was really annoying when people do that and he would try not to [even though he did it for like the previous 5 minutes]. He also jokes about how you get extra credit for wrong answers, so every time someone answers something correctly, he goes "That's right. Too bad for you. I only give extra credit for wrong answers." That kind of stuff makes him a lot less intimidating. He also knows a lot about pop culture, something I can appreciate. The other good thing that happened in that class is that the girl who sat next to me is in the EXACT same boat as me [aka doesn't care about the world happenings/politics/the news/only wants to write for a magazine/didn't get any of the jokes on Tuesday] so that made me feel A LOT better. Like a lot a lot.

I had to rush off to work in the sweltering 90 degree weather but I made it [once again] on time. There weren't a lot of orders today so after I was done packing/restocking boxes I helped Diane for a couple hours because the warehouse is basically in total disarray. We keep getting all these shipments in and there's boxes everywhere and no room for the products on the shelves and there's just like...madness. So I tried to help Diane get that a bit under control and it was actually really enjoyable because I have such a knack for organizing things. The only bad thing was how hot it was! I hadn't sweat that much since I moved the freshmen in! And Mo seemed distressed so I told him I could stay a bit later tomorrow if he wanted me to and he looked VERY appreciative. OH! And I got to pick up the stuff I ordered! Yay stuff!

As suspected, Mo gave me the "Love is Fighting Korea" necklace. It's an inside joke between me, Mo and Jen.


When I got back from work, I made myself some dinner, did some reading, took a shower and then talked to Kaity for a bit. We hadn't talked in SO long! So that was like amazingness. I'm actually really tired right now and it's not even 10:00! But I think my body is just tired from such a stressful week. OH! And in other excitement I changed my earrings for the first time today! Basically I took one out and couldn't get it back in, totally freaked, and got really nauseous and thought I was going to pass out, so I had to lay down for a bit. But then Susan helped me and now I'm basically a pro. Except I kind of suck at the left ear, but I'm getting better!
Teeth earrings!
Peanut Butter!
Jelly time!
Hoops!
Aww it's Bambi!

So yeah. Sorry I have no makeup on in those pictures and have bags under my eyes. Like I said, I'm super tired and have a semi-but not really big day tomorrow and a REALLY big day on Saturday. So I'm off to call Kyle and then get some sleep cuz I have an 8AM tomorrow. Boo.

Much Love.
Jewlie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good blog today!
Iremember I had the same thing happen when I changed my earrings for the first time.
Oh! And check the Kwame news.
Sweet Nibblets! It's about time.
Mom