9.05.2008

"So are you guys gonna make out now? WOW. That was inappropriate."-Jen, on her comment after I hugged Cory because he had a bad morning.

Overall today was like an amazing day (it just sort of ended poorly). I had my Journalism recitation this morning at the Journalism Building (which PS is like AMAZING!). I got there kind of early with this other girl who actually lives at Water as well. I can't remember her name though. Boo. Oh and Danielle sat next to me during class but we didn't get a chance to talk too much. Recitation was pretty much as discouraging as my lectures have been. I just feel like a fish out of water. This course seems like it's so much of what I'm not. It's just really frustrating because all my life I've wanted to major in journalism and now that I'm here and doing it I'm starting to question whether it's the right major and whether this is even the right school for me. I feel so lost in that class because I don't have an internship and I've never written for a newspaper and I don't know anything about politics. And when I got home from work I wrote my 600 word essay that's due Sunday by noon and it just...it's like crap basically. It's so hard because the prompt is "what is your relationship to news" but we're not allowed to write it in the first person. So that's like...really hard and I don't know basically it just really stressed me out.

Contemplating my relationship to the news.

But let's back up to my class. It got out 25 minutes early so I had a nice leisurely commute to Greenpoint. I even had time to go to Dunkin' Donuts to get some iced coffee before work! I got there like 20 minutes early but Jen had me clock in anyway and pick the orders with Diane. We only had like 60 so I had all those picked and packed before Cory came in at 11:00. The whole rest of the day we just helped with shipment and moving things around the warehouse. It's crazy in there! There is just stuff everywhere and Jen was trying to get stuff ready for the Sample Sale tomorrow so that was nuts. But I was just in a fantastic mood all morning! I don't know what it was. I couldn't stop smiling.

And it was great because I got to talk to Mo a lot and it was the first time in a LONG time that pretty much everyone was in the warehouse working and it just felt like we were all a family again. It was really nice. Even though it was hotter than blazes. And Diane gets so cute when I help her, she's always just so thankful! I also got a chance to talk to Cory a bit today. He was having a rough day because him and his girlfriend of 3 years just broke up and now he has to find a new place to live by October. So that REALLY sucks. But he said he's kind of happy because apparently she's crazy...? And from Farmington Hills...? HAHA. So yeah. We tried to keep him busy.

When I got home and decided to work on my Journalism essay is when the crap part of the day kicked in. I just...LSKDFSDF! I don't even want to talk about it that's how much it is stressing me out! And it's not even this one essay (although duh. That's part of it) it's mostly the fact that like I feel so unprepared for...life now. And I just feel like I don't even know what I'm doing and that's a scary thought. But hopefully it'll all blow over...or something like that.

Group shot from last Sunday.
However, after spending 4 hours working on that essay I now feel I deserve a break. So I'm off to call Kyle and maybe watching The OC or Disney Channel or something. Tomorrow is a big exciting day. I should be happy I have this essay off my back. Maybe my good mood will return.

Much Love.
Jewlie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Skirt is tres' cute.

MOM