2.25.2008

"So today...nevermind. Boring story."-Lindsay, getting ready to tell me and Kayla a story during snack time.

So I was going to do this big huge blog about how I got no sleep last night and was supes tired all day during work and blah blah blah but I told Kyle I was going to call him like 10 minutes ago. Lucky for you, I'm skipping all the complaining and cutting it down to the good stuff. So I went to Professor Glassman's class this morning and he said THE funnies thing about NYU. He was like "Yeah. NYU has the weirdest campus I've ever seen. I've been teaching here 20 years and I walk in the same building with the same guards everyday and they still have no idea who I am. They're still like 'ID please'. NYU is the only place where you can walk around campus for 20 minutes and be like 'Where the hell am I?!' because it's just so big! We used to have this faculty dining hall but they tore it down a couple years ago and now I can't ever find any of the other teachers." And he just went on this huge rant about it and everyone was like dying. Oh. And we learned about Utopia. Duh.

Then it was off to Life Science where we watched this movie called The Mystery of Photo 51, which is about Rosalind Franklin and discovering DNA and such. It wasn't too bad. And we got out 15 minutes early. Then I went to writing and I got my first draft of my paper back and I got THE BEST comments ever on it. "An EXCELLENT start. You use the sources extremely well!" "It seems to me given your excellent analysis, you could expand your intro just a little to encompass some more detail with regard to your main points." "your section on women is particularly strong." EEP! She loved it. And she's so nice too. I love Professor Langer.

Next was my 50 yard dash to the metro to head to Fred Flare. I was dreading this all day because we had Free Ship over the weekend so we were expecting a TON of orders. The people did not disappoint. We had 507 orders today. That's 100 more orders two Mondays ago and 300 orders over our goal for today. It was box madness! It was me, Chris, Jen and Diane versus the 507 orders. But we finished just as UPS was rolling up to the warehouse. Yay! OH OH OH! And Chris got his autographed Zac Efron sunglasses back from J-14 today! It was so exciting! They're totes the coolest thing ever. AND! Tomorrow is Jen Jen's birthday so we got her cupcakes and made her a card and then when she wasn't paying attention, me, Natasha, Amanda, Chris and Diane all lit the cupcakes and came into the office and sang Happy Birthday to her. She was really surprised. And the cupcakes were FABULOUS. They had cream cheese frosting. Mmm! But since tomorrow is Jen's birthday she's not working and she gave me Friday off because she thinks we'll be slow so I won't see her for a whole week!

I checked my mail after to work hoping to get my charger...and I did! I was THRILLED to get it. But even more thrilled to find a Birthday card from Chelsea! It plays We're All In This Together! And she wrote me a nice long letter that I can't wait to respond to. On my way up to the room I ran into Susan and Fabi on their way to dinner so I joined them. Again, nothing too great. But it didn't matter, I just enjoyed their company. But oh my goodness! You won't believe this! There was COCKROACH IN THE DINING HALL! Yeah. I saw it. I've never seen a live one before. I thought I was going to die. But some guy killed it.




When I got upstairs I finished my King Lear paper and then had snack time with Kayla, Lindsay and Susan. I love those girls. Oh and I talked to Ian tonite for a while too which was nice. I haven't talked to him in forever. And I heard from Britt Britt as well. I really miss that girl. But we've got plans to hang out and shop when I come home for spring break! And on that note, I absolutely have to go because this blog is no longer short and I'm WAY late for calling Kyle. Night all! Don't forget to watch American Idol tomorrow night and vote for David Archuleta!

Much Love.
Jewlie.

No comments: