11.05.2007

"I'm gonna have to go blog that in a hot second!"-Chris, on the new Spice Girls music video.

I am so exhausted from work! And my hands/arms/tiny little fingers are really sore from the tape gun/making boxes/packing boxes so this'll be a short one. I got up this morning and got dressed and such and went to Social Foundations. Stupid Professor Oliver STILL didn't have our midterms/papers graded yet. Even though he said he would have them LAST Monday, Wednesday and this Monday. Now he tells me "This Wednesday for sure." We'll see. And then Writing got canceled...? Yeah. I didn't really know it did. We got this really vague email from my professor last night but it didn't explicitly say "NO CLASS TOMORROW" or anything. So me, Soni and Noelle showed up. The only ones. And then we sort of figured from that that class had been canceled.

So I got back to the dorm with an hour to spare before work. I changed into my high tops and a hoodie and had some Lucky Charms [Kyle, I didn't pick out all the marshmallows because I know you hate that]. Then I did some of my reading of Canterbury Tales. It's not too bad. But I'm not like...in love with it or anything. Next it was off to work!

I accidently got there 20 minutes early but it was fine with Jen. I mostly worked with Chris today. According to Jen he totes loves me now. But yeah. We did so much work! I packed boxes for 3 hours and Chris helped me along and gave me tips/pointers and such. Love him! Then I cleaned up the work areas and restocked boxes and put the tape guns away and such. Then I built boxes. I'm not exaggerating when I tell you I made over 200 boxes. Yeah. My hands are KILLING me! They're so sore. I didnt' know you're fingers could get sore! Well let me tell you. They can. And I have a bruise on my thumb from the tape gun. But it was worth it. Because I basically just made $60.00 and I love everyone. Here's a quick run down of some of my favorite peeps at Fred Flare.


Jen-Duh. She's the manager/fabulous girl who hired me. We talk about Gossip Girls, The Hills and ANTM. And she's like my big sister at Fred Flare.
Chris-Love him! He's like my mentor and is always looking out for me and trying to help me get things done more efficiently. And he loves the Spice Girls. So he's good in my book.
Diane-Love her! I was really intimidated by her at first because she's a super worker but she's the sweetest lady you'll ever meet. She totes helped me refill the tape gun today and carry boxes.

Keith-Keith mostly works in the office but he's a doll. Always popping by to ask how my day is and such.

Julie-Naturally I adore her. Because we share the same lovely name. She's the tech girl. A real Mac genius.

So yeah. My hands are killing me. But it's all good! And Greenpoint at dusk isn't THAT sketch. Actually it was nice. There were all these street lights on and over the road they're hung tinsel and bells and stars and such. I talked to mom on the way to the metro [just in case!] and when I got home I had dinner with Tina. I was supes hungry! I had some yummy pasta dish. Then I came and checked the email and such. Nothing special. OH! That reminds me! I got a lovely package from Auntie Sandy today [thank you so much! I just put your postcard in the mail today!] it was a totes a-doorbell Hello Kitty coloring book with stickers! I was thrilled. And a fun little HK pen too!

Then it was back to The Canterbury Tales for an hour or so. At 9:30 I talked to my bestest betch for a brief half hour before The Hills [EEP!]. Now I'm off to talk to Kyle and then hit the hay because I'm T-I-R-E-D! Have a fabulous day!

Much Love.
Jewlie.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

even if you hadn't said that you worked today I probably would've figured it out because usually you say "totes" and "supes" a lot more often on days you work.



or maybe i'm fabricating that fact.
but still.