4.12.2008

"Do you think I should ask this person to take our picture?!"-Jane, basically every five seconds! Expect her pictures on here soon!

Today was the most amazing day ever! Me and Jane woke up at like 8:30 and got ready and had some breakfast and just chatted about NYU and such since her audition was today! Then around 10:30 we left for Washington Square because I decided since it was so nice out that I was going to walk Jane to her audition. It ended up being in the Steinhardt building which is right next door to Starbucks so I just stuck around until she was done. Except we had a hard time getting into the actual building! We tried the first few doors and they were locked, so we kept asking people how to get in and they kept on saying "Just go around the corner" so eventually we'd gone around the whole building! It ended up that the last couple doors that we didn't try were unlocked. DUH!

Jane had her audition and I talked to Kyle for a bit and then I talked to my mom outside in the park because it was SO sunny and SO warm out! I was just in a t-shirt and flip flops, enjoying the sun! When Jane's audition was done we walked through this little market that had set up shop on West 4th street and Jane got some I Heart New York t-shirts and a cute bag as well. We went through Saint Mark's to look at sunglasses on the way back [with a detour to a Starbucks to use the bathroom] and Jane got some sunglasses and I got this cute scarf [very similar to the Bedford Ave. Scarf at FF] and Jane and I were good bargainers.

When we got back to the dorm we talked to Lindsay and Fabi for a while and then Jane went to meet her cousin's friend for lunch and me and Fabi went down to Avenue A to check out this vintage store called Monk. It was a pretty nice one, but mostly the walk was just really nice. I haven't really been down that far east before. We saw a yard sale! And a skate park! So it was a really enjoyable walk. Back at the dorm I talked to Kyle a bit and texted with Nick until Jane got back.

As soon as Jane got back we went on our shopping extravaganza! We took the metro up to Times Square and went to Quicksilver and the Hello Kitty store! Jane got me this super cute HK pillow as a thank you present. I love it! Then we headed towards 5th Ave. so we could walk up it and shop until we hit Central Park. We stopped at Starbucks and they forgot about my Grande Iced Coffee so the girl gave me a Venti. I was REALLY caffeinated.

Next we walked up 5th and went into H&M, Saks 5th Ave, The Disney Store, The Apple Store and a random cafe to use the bathroom. HAHA! The best part was the walk though since it was SO amazingly nice outside. It was like 73 and sunny. Gorgeous! I got an ice cream with rainbow sprinkles at a Mr. Frosty truck too! Yes. New York DOES have an ice cream man! So we eventually made it to Central Park and we walked about 10 or 15 blocks through it. OMG. I can't even tell you how beautiful it was. There were people everywhere and they were all talking and laughing and the trees were all in blossom and there was really green grass everywhere. Me and Jane laid in the grass for a while and it was priceless. I have missed the nice weather and the outdoors so much!

We headed back to the dorm [after walking at LEAST 50 or 60 blocks] and we were exhausted! We got some dinner in the dining hall and then came back up and hung out with Lindsay and Fabi. I talked to Kyle for a bit and then me and Jane were waiting for Rana to call us to go to Zac's party but she never called! So me and Jane ended up talking for a couple hours and life and such. It was really nice.

But now it's late [again!] and we have to get up super early tomorrow, so it's off to bed for us! This weekend has been amazing and I'll miss Jane so much. I've decided I need to do fun stuff every weekend that I have left [which is only 3!] because I think I don't let myself have enough fun here. The sun has helped me realize this. So yay for fun!

Much Love.
Jewlie.

No comments: